With over ten years’ experience, I mainly specialise in PHP and .NET/C# but I'm also fond of and develop with Python and Ruby too! My primary interest is in back-end development, server management and APIs.
Authored open source projects
- Sentora - An open source web hosting control panel for *NIX (was forked/born following the commercial acquisition of ZPanel).
- ZPanel - An open source web hosting control panel for *NIX, BSD and Microsoft Windows written in PHP.
- Xcaler (WIP) - A load-balancer and reverse-proxy management system for Linux, UNIX and BSD based servers providing users with the ability to horizontally scale their web applications, sites and APIs.
- LRM (Landing Rate Monitor) - A Microsoft Windows based C# application designed to capture (FSX / Prepar3d) aircraft vertical speed on landing (in FPM).
- Turbine - A reverse proxy and network load-balancer management panel (with RESTful API) utilising the power of Nginx's proxy features (This is in the process of being replaced by Xcaler).
Authored and maintained libraries
- Cartographer - A library for programmatically constructing GeoJSON objects.
- Distical - A library for calculating the distance between two or more latitude/longitude coordinates.
- Gravel - A Gravatar.com library enabling developers easy access, presentation and manipulation of user avatars in their applications.
- Linguist - A library designed to extract and manipulate prefixed words in content ideal for working with @mentions, #topics and even custom action tags!
- Executioner - A PHP library for executing system processes and applications with the ability to pass extra arguments and read CLI output results.
- Metar - A library to query airport METAR (Meteorological Terminal Aviation Routine Weather Report) information.
- Plexity - A password complexity checker and enforcement library for PHP.
- Sluginator - A URL slug creation and sanitisation library.
- ...and a handful of other libraries, API clients and other bits 'n' bobs can be found over on my GitHub profile!
Available for hire
I'm currently available to work on C# and PHP projects in my spare time.
I have extensive experience in building C# and PHP web apps, API's, mobile and desktop applications but other work is considered and can be quoted for too.
Feel free to contact me for a no-obligation quote.
Software I use
- Languages - PHP, Python, Ruby and C#.
- Web Frameworks - Laravel, Lumen and Ruby on Rails
- OS - MacOSX (for development), Linux and FreeBSD (for production hosting)
- IDE - NetBeans and Visual Studio.
- VCS - Git and Subversion
- Other - jQuery, Bootstrap, Composer, PHPUnit, BeHat, Bower plus a whole load more!